The following is a brief synopsis to show the connection to myself John Charles TERRY to the name STEMP. In 1998 we produced a book for the STEMP family,
- My mother was Olive Kathleen POWELL her mother was Agnes Olive POWELL née COBB, born 5th July 1887 at 116 Rommany Road, Norwood, Surrey.
- Her father was Arthur James COBB born 5th December 1858 in Combe Keynes, Dorset, baptised on 2nd January 1859 in Combe Keynes, Dorset. His wife was Ruth WALLER, born 19th January 1865 in Ewhurst, Surrey.
The children of Arthur James and Ruth were:
- Ruth WALLER's parents were John WALLER, baptised 24th July 1825 at Holy Trinity, Rudgwick, Sussex and Harriet/Harriot STEMP, born Canfold, Cranley, Surrey and baptised on 23rd October 1831 at St Nicolas, Cranley (now Cranleigh) Surrey. He married Harriet/Harriot on 27th July 1851 at Holy Trinity, Rudgwick Sussex. John married again to an Ellen THAYRE, born in 1838, he was married to Ellen on 18th August 1878 at The Parish Church, Horsham
The children of John and Harriet were:John, baptised 21st March 1852, Rudgwick, Sussex married HarriettThe child of John and Ellen was:
Eliza, baptised 1st January 1854 Rudgwick, Sussex, buried 15th December 1854, Rudgwick, Sussex
Walter, baptised 4th November 1855, Rudgwick, Sussex, married Mary Ann West NOTTRIDGE
(Walter and Mary Ann West had a daughter Olive Mary WALLER who married Arthur Oliver COBB (see paragraph above)
Ellen, baptised 15th November 1857, Ewhurst, Surrey
Emily, baptised 18th September 1859, Ewhurst, Surrey
Leonard, baptised 8th December 1861, Ewhurst, Surrey
Rufus, baptised 9th October 1863, Ewhurst, Surrey, buried 28th October 1963, Rudgwick, Surrey
Ruth born 19th January 1865, Ewhurst, Surrey, married Arthur James COBB
Agnes, baptised 23rd June 1867, Ewhurst, Surrey, married George Adams and Will BARLEY
Leith, baptised 10th May 1869, Ewhurst, Surrey, buried 14th July 1869, Ewhurst, SurreyFrederick, baptised 18th January 1880, Ewhurst, died age 12 and buried 28th December 1891 Rudgwick, Surrey
Ellen had seven children through her first marriage to George LAKER.
- The parents of Harriet/Harriot STEMP were James STEMP, baptised 1st February 1789 at St Nicolas, Cranley, Surrey and Ann NEWMAN, baptised 11 November 1798 at St Mary, Chiddingfold, Surrey. They were married on 10th September 1815 at St Mary and All Saints, Dunsfold, Surrey
The children of James and Ann were:James, baptised 6th October 1816, Cranley, Surrey married Sarah STEVENS and Sophia LONGHURST
Ann, baptised 20th July 1818, Cranley, Surrey, married Thomas PUTTOCK
Abraham, baptised, 15th October 1820, Cranley, Surrey, married Louisa FIELD
Sarah, baptised 27th October 1822, Cranley, Surrey, married Edward TICKNER
Stephen, baptised 14th November 1824, Cranley, Surrey, married Mary BYASS, Esther DAVIS née BROOKER and Elizabeth BRADFIELD née ANDREWS
Mary, baptised 12th November 1828, Cranley, Surrey, married William WOOD
William, baptised 30th October 1828, Cranley, Surrey, married Eliza FAULKNER
Jane, baptised 30th October 1830, Cranley, Surrey, buried 2nd November 1830, Cranley, Surrey
Harriot/Harriet baptised 23rd October 1831, Cranley, Surrey, married John WALLER/WALDER
Alfred, baptised 13th October 1933, Cranley, Surrey, buried 29th September 1851, Cranley, Surrey
Caroline, baptised 14th February 1836, Cranley, Surrey, buried 15th April 1836, Cranley, Surrey
Helen, baptised 1st April 1838, Cranley, Surrey, buried 14th January 1848, Cranley, Surrey
John, baptised 5th March 1841, Cranley, Surrey, buried 3rd November 1845, Cranley, Surrey
- The parents of James STEMP were John STEMP/STEMPT, born Ewehurst, Surrey and baptised on 10 January 1762 at St Nicolas, Cranley, Surrey and Jane YOUNG born 1764, they were married on 7th November 1788 at St Nicolas, Cranley, Surrey.
The children of John and Jane were:James, baptised 1st February 1789, Cranley, Surrey, married Ann NEWMAN
William baptised 7th August 1791, Cranley, Surrey, married Mary SMITH
Mary, baptised 22nd December 1793, Cranley, Surrey
Stephen, baptised 3rd July 1796, Cranley, Surrey
Henry, baptised 14th/16th December 1798, Cranley, Surrey, married Martha MILLS
Elizabeth, baptised 18th June 1802, Cranley, Surrey, married William TROWER
- The parents of John STEMPT/STEMP were James STEMP/STEMPT, born Ewhurst, Surrey and baptised on 29th June 1728 at Holy Trinity, Rudgwick, Sussex and Mary RANGER baptised 4th December 1734. They married on 13th April 1755 at Holy Trinity, Rudgwick, Sussex.
The children of James and Mary were:Mary, baptised 7th June 1755, Cranley, Surrey, married Richard PUTTICK
James, baptised 6th March 1757, Cranley, Surrey, married Elizabeth NAPPER
George, baptised 14th October 1759, Cranley, Surrey, married Elizabeth TANNER
John, baptised 10th January 1762, Cranley, Surrey, married Jane YOUNG
Sarah, baptised 24th April 1764, Cranley Surrey, married Robert HARRISON
Jenny, baptised 29th March 1767, Cranley, Surrey
Edward, baptised 11th December 1768, Cranley, Surrey, married Lydia LEWER
Henry, baptised 14th April 1771, Cranley, Surrey, died Age 14, buried 17th May 1785, Cranley, Surrey
Elizabeth, baptised 18th July 1773, Cranley, Surrey, married George HART
William, baptised 28th January 1776, Cranley, Surrey
- The parents of James STEMP/STEMPT were Thomas STEMP, baptised on 23rd July 1682 at St John, Wonersh, Surrey and Ann ANSELL. They married on 1st/8th November 1711 at St Peter and St Paul, Ewhurst, Surrey.
The children of Thomas and Ann were:Thomas, baptised 18th March 1712, Ewhurst, Surrey, married Sarah
Robert, baptised 22nd June 1714, Ewhurst, Surrey, married Sarah STEDMAN
John, baptised 4th March 1716, Ewhurst, Surrey, married Jane
William, baptised 31st January 1717, Ewhurst, Surrey buried 4th August 1724, Rudgwick, Sussex
Edward, baptised 7th January 1719, Rudgwick, Sussex
Mary, baptised 2nd February, Rudgwick, Sussex
Sarah, baptised 15th July 1724, Rudgwick, Sussex
Ann, baptised 10th April 1726, Rudgwick, Sussex
James, baptised 29th June 1728, Rudgwick, Sussex, married Mary RANGER
Henry, baptised 30th October 1730, Rudgwick, Sussex, married Susannah/Susan RICHARDSON
William, baptised 7th November 1733, Rudgwick, Sussex, buried 26th November 1733, Rudgwick, Sussex
- The parents of Thomas STEMP were Robert STEMP/STIMP/STEMPS/ STEMPT, baptised on 17th September 1643 at St Mary, Chiddingfold, Surrey and Mary BAGENT, they were married on 27th July 1674 at Holy trinity, Guildford, Surrey.
The children of Robert and Mary were:John, baptised 28th March 1676, Wonersh, Surrey
Thomas, baptised 23rd July 1682, Wonersh, Surrey, married Mary ANSELL
William, baptised 7th March 1685, Wonersh, Surrey
- The father of Robert was Thomas STEMP, baptised on 8th July 1599 at Bramshott, Hampshire.
The children of Thomas were:Thomas, baptised 3rd June 1638, Chiddingfold, Surrey
John, baptised 15th June 1641, Chiddingfold, Surrey
Robert, baptised 17th September 1643, Chiddingfold, Surrey, married Mary BAGENT
Return to Home Page
If you have comments, alterations, corrections, amendments etc. please follow the details to be found on the Home Page to contact me..