- Jean Kathleen TERRY is my sister, she married a Dennis Ian WHEATON on the 10th September 1960 at St Dunstan's, Cheam Surrey.
The children of Dennis and Jean are:Paul Charles, married Lorraine Frances GOODMAN.
- His father was Eric William WHEATON, born on the 10th April 1911 at 18 Cromwell Road, Grays Essex, married to Gladys May CROSS, born 15th May 1911 at 55 Stamford Road, Kingsland, Hackney, London. They were married by licence on 4th November 1930 at Rochford, Essex. Gladys May CROSS died on 21st January 1951 at North Cheam, Surrey and then Eric married Gladys Emily CROSS née WILLIAMS on the 6th April 1951 in Wolverhampton, Staffordshire.
The children of Eric and Gladys May were:Valerie Daphne, born 21st May 1931, Rochford, Essex, married Harold WOOD
Peter Ernest, born 21st September 1933, died 21st September 1933
Dennis Ian, Rochford, Essex, married Jean Kathleen TERRY
- Eric's father and mother were Ernest WHEATON, born 29th June 1893 at 8 Rylston Terrace, Fulham, London and Beatrice JACKSON, born 18th July 1893, they were married by licence on 15th January 1916 at St Marks, Victoria Docks, West Ham, Essex. Ernest died at the Battle of the Somme, on 3rd July 1916, his memorial as supplied by the Graves Commission.
The child of Ernest and Beatrice was:
- Ernest's father was Philip WHEATON, born 15th May 1863 in Somersham, Huntingdonshire, his wife was Emma HYDE born 22nd September 1867 in Warboys, Huntingdonshire. They were married in Warboys on 29th July 1884.
The children of Phillip and Emma were:Philip, born 10 September 1884, Warboys, died September 1884, Warboys
Florence, born 29th March 1887
Priscilla, born 15th August 1889, Fulham, London, married George JOHNSON and Jim WARREN
Ernest, born 29th June 1893, Fulham, London, married Beatrice JACKSON
Ada (Bob), born 6th September 1896, Blackheath, Kent married Arthur Michael SLACK
Minnie, born 21st Decmber 1898, Grays, Essex, married Walter Charles OSBORN and John William FIELD
William Alphonso, born 13th January 1907, Grays, Essex
The parents of Phillip WHEATON, were William WHEATON born 1822, Somersham, Huntingdonshire and his wife was Ann ASPINALL born 1820 also in Somersham, they were married on 24th June 1844 at Somersham.
The children of William and Ann were:Jane, born 19th April 1845, Somersham
Thomas, born June 1847, died 19th November 1851, Somersham
Eliezer, born 1849, died 1854, Somersham
Thomas, born 1854, Somersham, married Susan TURNER
Henry, born 1857, married Ellen MOULDS
William, born 16th March 1859, Somersham
John, born 1861, Somersham, married Ann PERKINS
Phillip, born 15th May 1863, married Emma HYDE
Eliza, born May 1865, Somersham
- The parents of William were Thomas WHEATON, baptised 26th March 1791 at Somersham and Mary SEEKINGS, born 1787 at Witcham, Cambridgeshire, they were married on 10th October 1811 at Chatteris.
The children of Thomas and Mary were:Robert, born 26th November 1813, Somersham married Margaret Scott PARKER
John, born 19th February 1815, Somersham
Hannah, born 15th April 1818, Somersham, buried 23rd August 1820, Somersham
William, born 1822, married Ann ASPINALL
Ann, born 1825, Somersham
Hannah, born 1830, Somersham
- The parents of Thomas were William WHEATON baptised 24th June 1762 at Woodhurst, his first marriage was to Rebecca CHURCH on 19th October 1784 at Somersham, Huntingdonshire. Rebecca was buried two years later on 17th December 1786, Thomas then married Ann GUNTON, who was baptised on 4th March 1769 at Bluntisham. Their marriage date was the 7th November 1787 at Somersham, Huntingdonshire.
The children of William and Ann were:William, baptised 6th December 1789, Somersham, married Rebecca WHEATON
Thomas, baptised 26th March 1791, Somersham, married Mary SEEKINGS
Robert, baptised 24th June 1792, Somerhsham, married Mary
Elizabeth, baptised 25th May 1794, Somersham
Joseph, baptised 5th February 1797, Somersham
Ann, baptised 18th November 1798, Somersham
Mary, baptised 27th November 1800, Somerhsam buried 17th December 1801, Somersham
Mary, baptised 28th August 1803, Somersham, married Thos. CHARITY
Philip, baptised 5th April 1807, Somersham, married Sarah EASEA
Phoebe, baptised 21st November 1806, Somersham, married John WESSON
- The parents of William was another William WHEATON who was baptised on 3rd December 1732 at Hilton as William WHEATLEY and Elizabeth WHITTLESEY who was baptised on 18th December 1743 at Woodhurst. They married on 24th June 1761 at Woodhurst.
The children of William and Elizabeth were:William, baptised 24th June 1762, Woodhurst, married Rebecca CHURCH and Ann GUNTON
John, baptised 25th May 1767, Houghton, married Jane WHITE and Phoebe DEERE/BEERE
Robert, baptised 28th January 1769, Somersham, buried 31st January 1769, Somersham
Elizabeth, baptised 23rd February 1770, Somersham, married Robert PAPWORTH
Robert, baptised 1st October 1772, Somersham, married Catherine WHITE
Ann, baptised 3rd April 1774, Somersham, married Henry DONCASTER
Phillip, baptised 18th July 1777, Somersham, married Eliz PIGOTT
Sarah, baptised 7th February 1779, Somersham
Mary, baptised 7th February 1780, Somersham, buried 30th September 1780, Somersham
- The parents of William were Thomas WHEATLEY/ WHEATON and Ann SPARROW, Ann was born in 1706 and they married on 13th May 1726 at Hilton. Ann was buried as Ann WHEATLEY on 27th October 1734 at Hilton and Thomas then married again on 28th April 1746 to Elizabeth HAROP
The children of Thomas and Ann were:Anne, baptised 10th April 1726, Hilton
Elizabeth, baptised 26th March 1730
William, buried 17th August 1732
William, baptised 3rd December 1732, Hilton, married Elizabeth WHITTLESEY
Return to Home Page
If you have comments, alterations, corrections, amendments etc. please follow the details to be found on the Home Page to contact me.